Friday, January 8, 2010

This morning, we lost my beloved Gammy to cancer. It's been such a difficult week already with starting daycare, Ian's bad cold, and my very unwilling return to work that I don't feel like I have even processed what's happened yet. All I know for sure is that I am so very lucky that I had such a wonderful grandmother in my life and that I had the opportunity to have such a close relationship with her. She will absolutely be missed every single day.

This thoughtful bouquet arrived today from our very dear friends the Guilfoyles, and as I entered the otherwise dark family room, a single ray of afternoon sunshine came through the window and lit up the flowers beautifully. Maybe this is Gammy's way of reminding me that there is still so much happiness and beauty left in my life, and that someday I'll be ok again.

2 comments:

  1. That made me cry. Gammy is very much still with you and what a beautiful way to honor her by remembering beauty and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw hun, this is a beautiful entry. your gammy will always be looking out for you

    ReplyDelete